Random thoughts 1 comments
(P.S: Sorry for any disturbances the advertisements above may have caused you)
Not in the groove to be verbose today so I thought a good idea would be to list down some thoughts that drive my investment/trading approach, and indeed may be relevant to my life in general. Rather random, pardon me. Food for thought.
10. It is how much you read that determines how much you earn.
9. " There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "
(from Julius Caesar, Shakespeare)
8. Always move to minimise the opportunity cost.
7. Do not seek to minimise risk, but rather, to be comfortable with it.
6. Set audacious targets; these become your margin of safety.
5. Newton's First Law: The Law of Inertia.
4. Be arrogant when you buy; be humble when you hold; develop amnesia once you sell.
3. Know the buyers; understand the sellers; watch the holders.
2. Different brushes, different strokes; expand your toolbox and use the correct tool.
1. Do not do unto others what you will not want others to do unto you.